Electronic Health Record (EHR) adoption is growing nationwide. According to the Center for Disease Control & Prevention, 55% of physicians had adopted EHR systems in 2011. About three-quarters of those adopters reported that using their EHR system resulted in enhanced patient care.
However, in order to fully maximize the benefits of these computerized systems for maintaining patient data (also referred to as Electronic Medical Records (or EMRS)), medical practices need to scan their existing paper charts into the system. A hybrid model – with both paper charts and new digital data – can be confusing and lead to inaccurate record-keeping.
To help practices digitize their paper charts during the EHR/EMR transition, OptiScan developed ChartWorx, an on-site scanning and processing appliance enabling our document experts to quickly organize, barcode, scan and process medical charts. We have the capability to scan thousands of charts a day, each optimized for image quality and size. Key benefits include:
- Charts Stay on Location – With ChartWorx, all records stay on site. No chart leaves the facility until the practice approves destruction. This is especially important, as many other document conversion companies will ask you to ship your charts to another state. That can create an obvious problem when those medical charts are needed for emergencies.
- Flexible Filing Options – We can adapt the conversion to fit any practice’s filing system requirements. You let us know the sequence of how charts are processed, and we make it happen.
- First-Rate Communication – The web tools within ChartWorx provide you with a real-time snapshot of our progress and allow for on- and off-site management of the job. Reporting and statistical metrics are gathered every step of the way.
- Small Office Footprint – Our computer, scanner and document experts take up very little space in your facility. They can work alongside your staff and ensure your operations aren’t disrupted during the conversion.
- Admin Collaboration – We have the ability to work closely with administrators to pull charts, train them on tools, and come up with workable solutions to any challenges that may arise.
To learn more about ChartWorx, call Optiscan at (800) 369-5997 or fill out our online form.