With the low-cost scanners available in the market today, it can be tempting to tackle large projects yourself. Not so fast!
It’s important that you think through all aspects of preparation, scanning, and organization before you start. Most companies initially think they have the resources and know-how to complete large projects successfully. However, most quickly realize it’s not as fast and smooth as anticipated.
Have you asked yourself the following questions:
1) Do you know how to prepare your documents properly to allow smooth continuous scanning of your files?
2) Do you have an idea of how you are going to separate and organize the new digitized files?
3) Do you know what a double-feed is and how the scanner software handles double-feeds?
4) What is the optimum scanning settings to get the best image quality, speed, and digital image size.
5) Do you know the difference between simplex and duplex?
6) Do you know how to use control sheets and patch codes?
7) Do you want to create searchable documents by utilizing Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
These are just a few questions a company must consider before embarking on a large scanning project. OptiScan has been scanning experts since 1991 and have grown up with the industry. We can assist you with onsite scanning experts, perform the entire conversion project for you. Contact us to discuss your project and allow us to give you some options.